Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

liquid ring compressor - curve - HELP PLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryli2004

Mechanical
May 29, 2006
CA
I saw a performance curve for liquid ring compressor per the following (Sorry, curve can't be shown; X- discharge pressure; Y- flowrate; RP - rated point; RP is located out of curve and under almost the right coner of the curve) , but I don't know how to understand the rated point is out of curve and the rated dischrge pressure is almost at the end of curve. I'm wondering if this compressor is applied, can it work? what will be the potential problems? This compressor is grease lubed and has no shaft sleeve, so mechanical seals will be directly mounted on the shaft. will the grease lub and no sleeve design cause any problems? I searched some manufactures online, NASH, Graham, SIHI, can anyone advise their experience with those vendors? How do you rate their designs? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to sketch your curve and post it and provide more details as to flow, pressure, type of compressor etc then someone might reply

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

I tried to post the curve, but it doesn't work. I will try again later. Anyway, really appreciate your reply. Thanks, LittleInch and Petrochemical87.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back