Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

LISP - Al's Steel Mill not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justhumm

Structural
May 2, 2003
US
In previous jobs, where I was using AutoCAD regularly, I got to like "Al's Steel Mill" lisp plugin for drawing steel sections. I got away from AutoCAD for a few years, but am getting back into it. So on my new computer, I loaded a copy of the lisp and supporting files. It worked fine for about a week.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/al-s-steel-mill-updated-dim-files/m-p/1919004[/url]

[URL unfurl="true"]http://cad-corner.com/Lisp%20Routines/[/url]

This week, I tried loading it and AutoCAD says it was loaded successfully, but I can't autually run it. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks!

stl_zhy1tn.jpg

stl2_lnxkhc.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At the Autodesk forum, a few posters had a similar problem and some suggestions were mentioned, have you tried those? It is odd that it worked, now doesn’t. Do you type “stl” and nothing happens?

I see you got my modified version of the Lisp code. ( I did the GTWatson part of the updated Dim files to add newer shapes) I would look at the Trusted Places and the support path and make sure all the folders where the lisp resides is listed. I go ahead and include child folders of main folders to make sure ACAD can find all the support files it needs.

It has been many years since I took on the task of updating the DIM files and I probably need to do it again. Al, the original author, did an awesome job on the original and I stumbled thru adding the newer shapes based on his old DIM files.

I'm a structural guy and not a draftsman by any means and use the shapes to check edge distances and bending plane lengths on flat plates with shapes welded on them.

justhumm:

I notice from your recent VBA thread555-462525 that you got AL'S STEEL MILL to work.

How did you do it?

I too tried loading it and AutoCAD says it was loaded successfully, but I can't actually run it. I am using AutoCAD 2020.

Ingenuity, to be perfectly honest, I can't remember.

I know I moved the LSP files to a different folder and moved said folder to the top of the support search paths. Other than that, I think it was just divine intervention.

Capture01_wl9ua0.png
InkedCapture02_LI_vcj17q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back