Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

LISP ROUTINES FOR CNC PROGRAMMING 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

onecut

Aerospace
Aug 9, 2001
GB
I am looking for information or advise on creating cnc code within Autocad 2000i
Does any one know any lisp routines that can generate cnc code or output X Y & Z co-ordinates of a 2D /3D dxf file

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
There are many softwares in this criteria. search the web in any search engines with the same keyword. Let me give you on email id (the developer of EasyCUT software) that you are looking for jian@infobahn.com.au OR jianhng@hotmail.com. sorry I forgot the link of this software.

Cheers:)
Suresh Babu.A

It would be better, quicker, and simpler to use a CAM program that can read DWG files, rather than try and use ACAD for something its not designed for. The only time I use acad for CNC is when I'm writing a prog 'by hand', and then I just use the ID command to check coords, clearences and so on. We use MasterCAM for the real machining work, (4/5 axis stuff, awkward shapes, and so on) and it's very good indeed. Post processors are fickle beasts to get working right at the best of times, even in purpose built programs. Basically, I wouldn't trust one written in LISP!

I wrote a lisp program about ten years ago for translating polylines into CNC code for a laser cutter. Each polyline was used as an "engaged" path. A "non-engaged" move would be the translation from the end of one polyline to the beginning of the next. If this is of interest to you, email me and I will send it to you.

Tim Luxon
tbluxon@yahoo.com

We use CAMWorks, a SolidWorks add-in, as a general toolpath generator. (If anyone has comments or questions on CAMWorks, I'm interested...)
Anyhow, there are times when you need total control of the tool eg: strange undercut tools, using mill as lathe etc. G-Code is a pain and AutoCAD, for all its faults, is still the best 3D sketcher in my opinion. So we wrote a routine that converts any continous chain of lines and arcs to G code. the lines can be drawn in any order and the line colors are linked to feedrates. Its kind of rough and at the beta stage, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back