List of boiler design codes in various countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolniks37

Mechanical
Feb 7, 2013
CA
Hi all

I know ASME BPVC is globally accepted boiler/pressure vessel design code in all countries. But I am in the process of making a list of local statutory codes to be followed while designing boiler/pressure vessel in various countries. Can anyone give me such a list or post the relevant codes they are following in their country.

For example
UK/Germany/Denmark/France/Spain/Switzerland/Sweden/Austria/Ireland/Italy - BS EN 12952 / BS EN 13445
India - Indian Boiler Regulations

What about remaining countries?
New Zealand
Brazil
Senegal
Belarus
Australia
Canada
Argentina
UAE
South Africa
Indonesia
Bangladesh etc etc

Pls contribute

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Need to be careful what turns up in Google though, given the above “hit” is to a code nearly 50 years old. These days NZ sits under a combined New Zealand / Australian pressure equipment standard - AS/NZS 1200 for general requirements. Interestingly they don’t then go to AS 1210, the Australian Pressure vessels standard, but seemingly to a combined NZS/BS PD 5500 for detailed requirements (as I found when I Googled). Both Australia and New Zealand would accept ASME VIII designed and manufactured vessels though.

Netherlands: Dutch Rules for Pressure Vessels (Regels Toestellen onder Druk or RToD) (the last issue of this standard has been sent out September 2005, this code has been frozen).

Germany: AD Merkblätter (I have no idea about the status)

Acc. to EN 13480-3 issue 2013:
According to the CEN/CENELEC Internal Regulations, the national standards organizations of the following
countries are bound to implement this European Standard: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech
Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece,
Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,
Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.

Acc. to EN 13480-3 issue 2012:
According to the CEN/CENELEC Internal Regulations, the national standards organizations of the following
countries are bound to implement this European Standard: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic,
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia,
Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.

Hi

Thank you guys for your info..
Waiting for other members to post more..

We are just now talking about USA and Europe..
Is there anyone , who can chip some info about South Africa,Brazil, Zimbawe etc etc

I think Google and any OSHA from the respective country will detail a lot on this subject.
Look what a simple search did for me!

For USA and Canada, as mentioned ASME is the standard way to go, added w/ CSA codes for Canada.
Furthermore, the National Board has overviews that detail, per state/province, which specific codes apply wrt editions, code cases, exceptions etc.

For European countries member of the EER, PED applies, and, through harmonziation of design codes,
- EN 13345 is applicable for pressure vessels,
- EN 12953 for shell boilers,
- EN 12592 for water-tube boilers and auxiliary installations

The UK is not part of the EER in the context of the PED; they use PD 5500.

AD 2000 is still applied, as is Stoomwezen (RToD), however, these standards do not have any presumption with the PED. Furthermore, most of these national standard (e.g. CODAP for France) dont get updated anymore due to harmonization of design codes.

South Africa (just had some experience with this); SANS 347. From there you'll find your way.

If you need more (Zimbabwe???), then 'search and thee shall find'.

Brazil and other South American countries seem to rely on the ASME code, at least based on the posts I see on here.

Want to know the do's and don'ts of Eng-Tips? Read FAQ731-376.
English not your native language? Looking for some help in getting your question across to others or understanding their answers? Go to forum1529.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back