Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

live edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuzoenduro

Automotive
May 31, 2007
FR
Hi everyone, I have a question refering to, I think, CATIA's CATSettings.....

Is there any way we can modify the color or the width of the black lines we get for the live edges? For example, if we go into visualisation, and we select a realistic view with edges, everything is smooth except live edges that are shown in black. Can we change this to any other color or line width to make them more visible????

In case we cannot modify this via CATsettings, can we detect live edges via VBA??? like selecting the part in question and having a loop verify through the whole geometry so as to select and paint in a different color any live edges found...

I'm posting an image to make this easier to visualize...

Thanx in advance

regards,

luis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

First read the onl;ine doc :

...R18/English/online/basug_C2/basugcu0301.htm

then copy the CATStdMechanicalDesign.xmlin your standard folder (see online doc)

Start CATIA as Admin and change the standard in section :

Solid , Edge : Color, Line Type and Width

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=36a303b6-39d6-467b-949f-b04512a85d92&file=LiveEdgeStandard.jpg
Thanks Eric,
actually, I found out that if you want to modify them temporarily only, you can go to Properties/graphic and change the color and the thickness of the edges.
What I'd like to know though, is if we can do this change via a macro. To run it and hace the edges turn bright yellow and if we run it again have them return to normal...
Problem is that if you try to record the macro it doesn't write anything down...
Any ideas??

Thanx for the help

regards,

luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back