Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LN standard parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibayoymicabayo

Aerospace
May 9, 2011
NL
Hi everyone!

I am new here in the forum, and I hope someone can help me. Does anyone know where I can get LN components (german standard for aeronautics components)? I am having a hard time finding someone who manufactures or supplies this type of components. I found a company in Germany that produces these components, but the price is pretty high and I am looking for alternatives.

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I worked for close to 30 years in the USA on German aircraft and never found a supplier in the US for LN bolts. I either bought from the aircraft manufacturer, or from a company in Germany. The price is always about 3 times as high as you think it should be. As an alternative look at DIN specs. Some German aircraft Mfg's use DIN bolts in non critical applications.
Try these people: Industrio GmbH
Dreichlinger Strasse 79
92318 Neumarkt
Germany

Tel: +49 9181 29720-0
Fax: +49 9181 29720-130

Mail: sales@industrio.de

B.E.

@Berkshire:

Thank you for your answer, I'll contact them and ask for a quotation to compare with the ones I already have. My problem is that the parts we are working on are going through a severe vibration test, so the bolts will withstand enormous tension. And I have looked for DIN specs as an alternative, but our customer has specified these kind of bolts.

Anyways, thanks for the info, I'll give it a try!

PS: The company I talked about is Johann Maier, in case you might need another supplier. I cannot tell much about them, but all I heard from them is good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back