Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load and Diversity Factors for Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukgraduate

Electrical
Sep 15, 2011
AU
Hello,

I am trying to determine load and diversity factors of various equipment. I have had a look on the internet and cannot find any information on load/diversity factors for the following equipment

Agitator and Mixer
Bucket Elevator
Blower
Crane
Compressor
Crusher
Conveyer
Dust Collector
Dryer
Fan
Feeder
Flotation Cell
Heater
Heat Exchanger
Magnet
Metal Detector
Grinding Mill
Pump
Sampler
Screen
Thickener
Weightometer

Does anyone know a source where I can get this from or can anyone give me some accurate factors for the above equipment?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I realise that the diversity factor very much depends on the operation and intended use. But perhaps load factor I can get a general idea from some sources?

First add everything up. Then look for places where you may apply reductions.
For instance if the bucket elevator feeds the agitator/mixer and they are interlocked so that they will never run simultaneously, subtract the smallest load.
Be aware that code requirements may demand a larger supply transformer than utility guidelines.
An illustration:
On the design for a shingle mill, a decision had to be made as to the supply and ownership of the main transformer. This affected both the billing rate and the size of the transformer.
The code did not allow a demand factor but the utility, not bound by the code, had found by experience that they could apply a 50% demand factor to mills such as this. If the mill owned the transformer the code dictated a size almost double than if the utility supplied and owned the transformer.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back