Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load distribution of masonry plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunera

Civil/Environmental
Apr 13, 2009
US
I am trying to find the load distribution of the masonry plate of a spherical bronze bearing in SAP2000. I used the 'solid model-block' template to create a solid model of the 36"x36"x3" masonry plate. I changed the restraints along the bottom of the plate to rollers and applied a vertical 'surface pressure load' to a portion of the solid elements along the top of the plate. I've been able to run the model without any errors. However, I am confused about my results, and I'm not sure which numbers I should be looking at: Element Joint Forces - Solids, Element Stresses - Solids, or Joint reactions? I'm not sure what the difference is between the 'element joint forces - solids' and the 'joint reactions' if I only select the joints and solid elements along the bottom of the plate for the results.How do I find my resulting bearing pressure along the bottom of the plate?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You are confused by results, and I am super confused by your question (hope I am not alone).

What the heck are you doing? Any sketches? I must be ignorant for not knowing what a masonry plate is , especially one with those dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back