6 0R 7 220 KV BUS SYSTEM

1) GUIDE LINE HOW TO START IT
2) METHDOLOGY STEP BY SETP
3) ANY FREE SOFTWERE SITE
3) WHICH PARAMETERS REQUIRED.
4) voltage drop analysis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go to site. It will guide you how to download a free software for 12 busses. It is very userfriendly. Even a novice can do load flow study with that software. There are many other free software for example PASHA 2000. The software given freely by Prof. Mack Grady of Univ. of Texas, Austin is also very good.

Response for #1, #2, #4 =
I highly recommend that you look at IEEE Std 399 - Power Systems Analysis; This standard will give you the methodology for performing a load flow/voltage drop study. There is a chapter devoted to load flow studies along with examples. This is an excellent reference to review before conducting any electrical engineering analysis/calculation

Response for #4, #5 =
Another standard you should look at is IEEE Std 141 - Recommended Practice for Elec Power Distribution; This standard has a chapter on voltage considerations (Chap 3).

Response for #4 =
The type of data that you need to perform the study:
a) equipment ratings (power, voltage, etc.)
b) impedances for all components (motors, cables, buses, etc., including cable and interconnecting bus lengths)
c)voltage profiles for source (e.g. utility normal operating range, what is lowest expected?)

Remember that you should add positive manufacturing tolerances to all impedances (if in the design stage, as per applicable standard(s)) to maximize voltage drops across all components in order to obtain worst case results.
Good luck!

I apologize for being picky on this one. I'd like to point out that calculating voltage lower-than-actual is not always conservative result, depending on the application. (Ex - Calculation of prefault voltages which will be used to determine fault current available FROM rotating machines attached to the system).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back