Load Sharing in compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abiodun1

Chemical
Jul 20, 2006
NG
Hi,

I have been studying on the design of a centrifugal compressor. I need information on the control aspects such as the:
1) Capacity control
2) Anti-surge control {am studying that at present)
3) Load sharing (How do one share the load on compressor?)

In depth understanding to the above questions is highly appreciated for enlightenment.

Regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

there is only two things you really have control over on a centrifical compressor. Compressor sped and gas to the unit or units.

By changing the speed, you change which curve or which volume to head operating line you are on. With each change in speed you also get a new minimum flow or surge line.

Capacity control, the faster you run, the more you compress. If the unit is at its minimum speed, then you'll have to recycle gas to keep up the minimum. ers.You could lower the pressure to the inlet to get a smaller throughput, but I've never seen it work correctly. I could be corrected by oth

Anti Surge - see above. Some new controls can let you operate close to the manufacturers minimums look for CCC Compressor Controls Corp.

Load sharing is where there are multiple compressors in parallel. There is a control system that either shares the minimum flow controls to each unit or programming which unit should be in minimum flow control first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back