Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Location of System Options Settings - Any Interest? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaugh

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2001
US
I have gone through the System options and I have found at least 95% of all the system options, where they are at in the Registry and how they work. I have been considering writing an article or documentation that would give this information to everyone, but I don't know if there is much interest in this. I personally have an interest in this as I am the CAD Admin here at Berry and I want certain options on and some off. I don't want to export my system options from SW, as it contains crap the users don't need and it makes reading a Settings file much harder.

To explain this further, if you copy everything from an exported settings file and paste it into a Word Document. Change the line spacing to "single" and "Do not add spaces", you will have approximately 99+/- pages of registry information just from that exported settings file.

If you create your own like I did using the same Word Document Settings as above, I have total of 3 pages.

Three pages of settings is a much easier than sifting through 100 pages of information that is not needed nor will it be used. 95% of that information will be installed as default anyway. I am only concerned about a few selected items within the System Options.

I am curious if there is anyone interested in knowing this information... I don't see a lot of posts on it, so I don't know if there are any other CAD Admins that really care to know this.

If you are interested, post here and let me know... I will find away to publish this for everyone to see, problem is explaining some of it and how it works, that might require a few videos.

Thanks for reading,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks to everyone for all the replies! I will work on finishing this up so I can share this with everyone... it might be just 2013 for now, until I have some time to look into 2014 (still have not installed 2014 since beta).

Glad to see there is so much interest in this topic!

[cheers].

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back