Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Logo disappearing from drawing templates. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvanhiel

Mechanical
Oct 23, 2001
US
I've inserted a TIF into a drawing template. It seems to occasionally disappear. The box will be there and I can edit the size and transparency options, but no image is displayed.

Is the image part of the format or is it a lost reference to the original graphic file?

I'm using 2008.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It should be in the sheet format, not just the template, I think, at least that is where I have put the image.
Mine seem to actually be there in the format, at least there are no properties leading back to a file.

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2010 SP 4.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

Let's delve into this a bit further.
When you say it occasionally disappears, is it disappearing from the template, or from existing drawings? Have you ever been able to get it to reappear, if so how? Does Ctrl+Q ever help? Where it's invisible, it makes me think graphics issue, but more info would be needed.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
Design Manager/Senior Designer
M9 Defense
My Blog

It was inserted into the format. I can get it to reappear if I load another format and then the original. It hasn't disappeared again.... yet.

It seems graphics related, but it occurred on two different machines (both Dell Precision laptops, but with different Nvidia cards). It also persists when the file is reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back