Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logo - table in drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimnissen

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2010
DK
Hi

I am new to Wildfire and I trying to create some formats for the company I work for. I have made a table and want to add their logo to the table.
I have tried to use insert object tool, with out luck.

How can I add their logo, which is format is jpg.

Thanks.
Kim

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just put the logo on the face of the drawing master file, not in a table.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You don't put the logo in the table. It just goes on the face of the 'drawing' border file. The only dtaa that needs to be in a tabkle in the border file is data that changes with attributes. Static data/images is just in the file space.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Our templates are created with multiple tables. Some cells have parametric text in them that is filled in by the model. Others have static text. The company logo is just placed where it occupies one of the cells, however it is not text in the cell, in fact that cell has nothing in it.

WF5? Just go to the layout tab and in the insert section you can insert choose insert object.

I like to make a symbol of my logos though so I can easily pull them from my symbols location.

Yes I am working with WF5.

When I insert the logo (jpg file) through insert object function I only get the filename showing.
Why and how can this be changed?

I think you probably have to convert it to a bmp. Just open it in MS Paint and save it as a bmp. I think the file name thing happens with incorrect file types. You could also copy and paste the image in if you insert a new object rather than one from a file.

Kim

You need to import the image into a blank drawing and then trace as a sketch the outline and save it as a sketch and then you can scale these sketched entities as needed to fit the area your looking to place it at. If you are having trouble with this I would be glad to do it as a bid job and then you can scale it to size. I am working in WF4 and the WF5 would be able to open this sketch.

Norb

Norbert

You only need to do this if it needs to be a vector image. If you aren't going to scale the image on the drawing, then you shouldn't spend the time on this. Since you are putting it into a table I would assume you will not need to scale it up.

If it is a company logo, chances are it was originally drawn as a vector image, so rather than tracing it, just get your hands on the original file. Programs like Adobe Illustrator can save vector images as dwg files which you can then open in Pro/E.

-AAFuni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back