Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ditto IRstuff.

OJT

Also check out this site's sister site, especially
For native Excel Workbook questions

For Excel VBA questions.

For AutoCAD. However, not much activity lately.

FYI: If you get some proficiency in Excel VBA and understand Object Models and Object Programing, the Excel VB Editor has tools like Watch Window, that make discovering Object Properties in other systems like CAD, possible. I've written VBA procedures in Excel VBA, for applications I had no documentation at all for, just by my general knowledge of Objects and Object Model Structure, that I learned at Tek-Tips and personal research.

This site and Tek-Tips will serve you well in your endeavors.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Saluague09,

Coursera has a fantastic VBA course where you learn to code in VBA for use in Excel. The "Macro Recording" mentioned by IRStuff is ok for really simple tasks but if you truly want to be able to optimize your engineering calculations and build powerful spreadsheets, then I suggest taking this course. I had zero experience with coding of any language and took this course with no problem and I'm now proficient in VBA and build spreadsheets to use everyday for my structural designs. The course (3 parts total) can be taken for free or you can pay a fee (i think $50-ish) at the end for a certification of completion.

Follow this link to go directly to the course page... "
In addition to the one I'm mentioning, they have a few other VBA courses you can take along with other languages.

Hope this helps. And no, I'm not sponsored by coursera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back