Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for 1/2" ball valve for HOT OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy Jamal

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2017
US
Hi all,
I just signed up to the Eng-Tips Forum. I will try to find the proper forum to introduce myself.
In the mean time, I am looking for 1/2" FNPT ball valve for use in hot oil (Frying Hot Oil). Can someone direct me to a proper supplier?
I appreciate any help I can get
Thank you
Sammy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have some details on service conditions? Where are you located? Proposing European vendors won’t be really useful if youre situated in America.

We are located in the US.
This valve will be attached to a frying vessel of a deep fryer. Max temp of the oil will be 420 deg F. It will be actuated a couple of time a day. PSI is not an issue.
I am looking for a manual valve off the shelf, nothing custom made.
Thank you for the reply
Sammy

Drain valve for a fryer? Ball valve is a better choice, it will tend to scrape clean. A good sanitary (NSF 61) design stainless steel ball valve, with ptfe seals (sanitary clamps on both sides of the valve, so that it can be dismounted and run thru the dishwasher when it gets all gunked up with fryer grease, which it will do). If your fryer really does have a 1/2" npt nipple sticking out for a drain, cut off the threads and weld on a sanitary flange (ok, ok, just buy a blank flange and have it tapped). McMaster sells the valves, so does just about every other warehouse; google it.

Or just go to one of the guys that specializes in hygienic and food grade service hardware and buy one.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back