Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for: 95th Percentile Male... 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMango

Mechanical
May 1, 2001
US
...for long walks on the beach, quiet nights on the sofa. No, no, just kidding! Get your heads out of the gutter.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any company in the USA (preferably SoCal area) that rents out 95th percentile male dummies used in crash testing?

I've searched Google, but not getting anywhere. I also need to verify that this is 6'-2" and 223lb. Some sites I found stated slightly different weights.

I do not need any telemetry or other electronics. In fact I might even be able to live with a training dummy that fire departments use, if the dimensions and weight are close.

[green]"But what... is it good for?"[/green]
Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks [blue]ruble3[/blue] for your link. I think that will get me where I need to get.

Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.

CorBlimeyLimey,

Do your really want a 95% percentile female? Some people are into that sort of thing I suppose, and if you are that's fine.

Myself, I'd go for 40th to 50th percentile.

TO ALL,

....you guys forget that there are women engineers around here. I am one of them, thanks God I have a good sense of humour....you make smile, and today I really need it!

Take care!

At the risk of having this post deleted by the forum moderators....

Siaupa, bless you for your sense of humor.

I can understand that that some people might choose to be offended by my earlier post, and if anyone makes that choice, that is fine. But, lets disect that post:

I question CBL's earlier post. I state my opinion that everyone is entitled to their own preferences. I state my preference.

There is nothing there that is actually offensive. Any offence taken is is inferred.

TO ALL,

....you guys forget that there are women engineers around here. I am one of them, thanks God I have a good sense of humour....you make me smile, and today I really need it!

Take care!
%-)

Mint Julep ... Absolutely no offence was taken by me, I thought it was a very humourous response. I have absolutely no idea what the percentile specs are, but definitely was not asking for an equivalent female version of the 95th male.
What would a 5'-8", 150lb one be? [bigsmile]

[cheers]

sreid, that was my first thought. The problem with most props I could find were that they were not constructed in a manner that I could use for testing. Many of the "body props" I found were made from light-weight foam and latex. But they look nice, and "real". Proced around $500USD for those interested.

I need something that approximates a 6'-2", 223lb man. I am testing some safety related retention devices. I fired off an email to FTSS.com, but no replies yet. I'm hoping to find a non-telemetry model >$2k.

Oops. Looking for less than $2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back