Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a blow molder

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrity57

Industrial
Jun 26, 2007
US
Custom blow molding suppliers that aren't "captive" are hard to find. I have a Florida customer buying a translucent polypropylene bottle similar to Pedialyte-tm (pediatric hydration formula, in effect Gatorade for infants) and is having them extrusion blow molded. He uses a cap without a gasket--a gasket is not permitted--and is experiencing leakage. The present molder is unable to control the trimming process sufficiently to stop the leaks. I am looking for a supplier who has confidence in producing this kind of bottle. Perhaps extrusion blow molding isn't the best way to go but quantities of 10,000 annual don't seem to allow for injection blow molding from what I'm told. He has a 1-cavity mold adaptable to make 250, 500 and 1000 ml sizes. The mold is less than three years old and is consigned and available for use. Can anyone make a U.S. supplier recommendation? Thanks.

Terry Garrity
Indiana Rubber & Plastics Company, Inc.
Arcadia, Indiana

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back