Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for a high pressure flange supplier 2

Arron_

Mechanical
Apr 9, 2018
NZ
Have been struggling for months to get a quote for a number of Greylock "compact flanges" for a high pressure duplex line in 20NB and 40NB. I'm making this post to see if anyone knows of a supplier anywhere in the world that can provide similar flanges to suit the below;

Max design pressure: 50MPa
Max design temp: 150° C
Line size: 1@ 40NB SCH160, 1@ 20NB SCH80
Material: A790 Duplex (or suitable equivalent)

Frustratingly, Greylock sell exactly what we need but have been unable to produce a quote.
The main appeal of their flanges for this application is the gasket/seal design that minimizes crevices. The application is food processing so this is a desirable feature.
Dispensation can be made to use an RTJ style flange like API 6BX so this is an option - I would be interested in some potential suppliers for these too.

I can custom design something if required but leaving this as a last resort.

brave_1pu0CEuokD_dceugc.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Procurement is not "engineering".
If you need advice designing the flange, then this is the correct website. Ask away. Otherwise, its Alibaba, etc.

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

OP,
Send the correct specifications (graylock part numbers if you have) with quantities. We will try to source it for you.

GDD
Canada

Have you considered Norsok L005 flanges?

All based on a a Vector design.

Also do you really need 500 bar?

Staying within recognised flange ratings will get you many more options.

Plenty of suppliers of these in the oil and gas world.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Have you found a supplier yet? I am from a stainless steel pipe fittings company in China, and we specialize in custom non-standard and special-shaped flanges. If you can provide drawings, we might be able to offer you a quote.

Thank you for your response! Could you please share the drawings or specifications for the products you're interested in? This will help us provide an accurate quote and ensure we meet your requirements. Looking forward to your details!

Back