Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for a reference 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamishMcTavish

Nuclear
Oct 2, 2002
GB
Hi All,

i'm looking for a reference and wondered if you could help.

i can view parts of the following on google books

Design of Marine Facilities for Berthing, Mooring and Repair of Vessels by John Gaythwaite published by ASCE in 2004. see link

In chapter 10 (page 425) it quotes reference 21 as a good source of information on culvert sluices and valves, however the reference page is not on google books.

I don't particularly want to spend £140 just to find out one reference and wondered if any of you owned or had access to the above publication. Could tell me what the reference 21 is?

It looks to be a good general read but i can't afford it at the moment, hence the plea for assistance!

Many thanks in advance, HM

No more things should be presumed to exist than are absolutely necessary - William of Occam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi JLSeagull,

When i search for the ISBN number you provided it comes back with the same reference i consulted on google books!

Thanks anyway, HM

No more things should be presumed to exist than are absolutely necessary - William of Occam

Gardner H May 1958 "Modern Dry Docks:design Construction and Equipment. Culverts Sluices and valves" The Dock Harbour Authority.

Hope this helps even though a little late. Must have an older version here as ref 21 was on page 428 not 425.

Regards

Thank you very much brooksy3a!

I had gotten sidetracked so i will try to track this one down now.

Star for you!

Kind regards, HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back