Looking for a weldment profile library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundbound

Aerospace
Sep 24, 2005
US
Hello Everyone,
Well, as I'm sure many have noticed, the weldment profile library within SW is not as extensive as one might hope and I was wondering if there might be a collection of custom profiles out there?

I know it might be a bit of a task to but one together, but if there is anyone out there who knows of a place where such a thing might be hosted from I would be more than willing to help on the logistical side in any way possible and contribute the dozen or so custom profiles I have created so far.

If any one has any other ideas on this one, please feel free to speak up!

Dale

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would dearly love a weldment profile library as well. I am interested in structural sections, European and US. Have created a few thus far.

Dave

we have just copied the sketches from the members in the toolbox and created our own library that lives on our network.

SolidWorks 2006 SP3.1
Intel Xeon 2.8GHz 2GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX3000

It's not that the profiles are all that hard to create. There are just a lot of possible sizes, and exact (well, nominal anyway) dimensions are not always easily available. The few that are included with SW are pretty nice, and it would be great if they included more. I know, ER time. :)

I made a few plates and other profiles for myself and they took very little time to make... besides though it would be easier to make your own instead of waiting here for someone to send you their hard work... Makes a person think that maybe it's time to create and add-in of weldment profiles if a person has made enough for himself.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

I agree that they are not difficult to make, but I don't know the corner radius on a piece of 2x2x.25 angle iron.

I will have to look into getting the toolbox....

Joe

You may be able to access the profiles from the installation CD. Not sure about the legalities of this if you have not purchased a package which includes Toolbox.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Or try looking online at a metal fab shop. Sometimes the list dimension or get you one of this metal books... can't remember the name. Had one when I worked at my last job. It listed all the steels and their shape along with dimensions per each configuration.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

SolidMech has almost everything that toolbox has. I have SolidMech 4.1.1 and I don't remember where I got it from because it is free with no limitations, but I searched for it online and it's about $30.

Flores
SW06 SP4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back