Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for an NSF Pulse Multi-Jet Water Meter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibfrog

Civil/Environmental
Jul 7, 2001
US
My design/build contractor wants to use a Seametrics MJ Series Pulse Meter on a small Non-Transient Non-Community, Public Water System, Water Treatment Plant. It is great but, it is not NSF compliant and not suitable for potable water applications per the Seametrics engineer. Here is the Seametrics water meter info -
Does anyone know of a medium quality, NSF compliant, pulsing water meter that can control a variable speed peristaltic pump, like a Pulsafeeder Chem-Tech XPV

Another option is to use a NSF variable flow sensor to control the Pulsafeeder Chem-Tech XPV and a simple NSF water meter. Any recommendations on a medium quality NSF complaint variable flow sensor.

Background - The expected flow range is mostly 4-5 gpm, with low flows of under 0.5 gpm and short bursts of higher flows, maybe up to 10 gpm from the hydropneumatic bladder tank drawdown. Yes, the flow is very low, but the client currently wants to keep his old 2hp jet pump (~180' deep). The well pump puts out a maximum of 5.5 gpm. Prior to the water meter, the water has been 4-log disinfected, dechlorinated and GAC/Sand filtered to reduce the DBPs. Immediately after the water meter, we need to maintain ~0.5mg/L free chlorine for all flow conditions.

Clifford H Laubstein
FL PE 58662

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I forgot, there are cost constraints. The Seamatics water meter is under $400.

Clifford H Laubstein
FL PE 58662

Bimr - Thank you very much. Badger has multiple potential solutions, the cheapest one is $572 plus tax.
Badger Model M25, bronze meter.....................$ 62.90
Badger Model ER-10, meter mounted unit.............$509.00

I have also placed a call into Pulsafeeder Chem-Tech, their tech support is looking into it for me.

Clifford H Laubstein
FL PE 58662

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back