Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for Anechoic chamber for noise testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVandenBosch

Automotive
Feb 1, 2009
CA
I'm currently attempting to find an anechoic chamber with capabilities to drive an automotive component up to speeds of 6000 RPM and with a torque of 10-15 N-m. The chamber needs to be at least 3m x 3m x 3m. We have completed these tests already in our own chamber but our customer did not find the background noise to be acceptable. Most of the noise was due to the motor driving the component.

Here are my questions:

Does anyone know of a facility with the capability to do this sort of testing?

Does anyone know of a extremely quiet motor/motor manufacturer?

We are willing to do the testing ourselves and are willing to travel to complete this testing. Funding is not the issue, just timing.

Please help someone?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have been looking for some time and this helps a ton. It's due to the ISO spec that we are following that I'm having trouble finding a suitable chamber. The component I'm testing needs to be located at least 1.5m from any wall. Which makes having a drive going to the middle of the room rather difficult.

I have good leads with Lotus Engineering and Eaton. Thanks for that information. It seems to be extremely promising.

Anyone else know of a chamber like this for backups?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back