Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for CE Mark Seminar for Industrial Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

OEMsparky

Electrical
Jan 5, 2000
Is anyone aware of any good seminars / courses dealing with CE marking industrial equipment? Would like to learn more about this subject and what exactly is required - the more detail the better. I am in PA - something local is best but I'll look at anything at this point.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could I just clarify something.
Having a CE mark on your product means, in a nutshell "you comply with the relevant European standards that apply to that product and therefore you can sell it without restrictions within the European Community". It doesn't just apply to the EMC Directive. For example, children's toys have to have a CE mark applied to ensure they comply with the specific EU safety standards etc that apply to toys.
So, the critical issue is to understand what standards apply to your specific product. It could very well come under the EMC Directive, the Machinery Directive, the Low Voltage Directive etc. Once you have done this, then you can apply the CE mark. The CE mark is effectively 'self-applied' once you meet these standards, but meeting the specific standards will need an approved body to verify and certify them.
There is a European Directive 93/68/EEC that relates to the topic CE Marking.
Useful website:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back