Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for good suface hydrology texts and manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion77

Civil/Environmental
Mar 17, 2007
US
Although I have access to progams such as TR-55 and the like, I'm interested in being capable of performing surface water runoff calculations by hand. There is also a desire to learn about the desicision making process regarding what techinque to use for a particular situation as well as the ability to speak somewhat intelligently on the subject.

For those of you who know of good intoductory to intermediate texts, manuals and other documents on the subject please let me know.

I'm specifically interested in ones geared towards solving practical problems using the following methos:

Rational
Graphical Peak Discharge
Tabular Hydrograph

Please also suggest materials pertaining to sizing retention basins, outlet works design, and culvert design.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest the Tech Ref. and User manuals that come free with HEC-HMS. They are very useful, especially in selecting a method.

go to where I have a link to "hydrology". At that link, I've assembled a few other links for hydrology references (surface water and ground water). Some of the gov't references cited above, perhaps.

I'm using these for an undergraduate hydrology class that I'm currently teaching at a local collage.

Good luck and hope that I helped.

f-d

¡papá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back