Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking For Miniature High Pressure Relief Valve??

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheMorning

Mechanical
Mar 18, 2010
US
I am trying to locate a high pressure relief valve that can withstand up to 1500-2000psi before breaking. It needs to be no longer than .470" in length and a dia. no greater than .425". Does anyone know of this valve??? I have made some in the past but am looking for something a little more cost effective.

-Ian-

"Science will stagnate if it is made to serve practical goals." (Albert Einstein)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The way you have worded your query is a little unclear. Are you are really breaking your relief valves? Are you looking for a reclosing spring-loaded device or a non-reclosing disk that breaks?

In any case, have you considered any of the Compressed Gas Association type devices?

Here's a summary of typical ones that are used...

Air Products is a supplier of industrial gases so you will need to search for a supplier of the CGA devices that can give you specific details.

We're thinking maybe 5cfm, but there are many variables that will affect the overall. As far as the "breaking", it will be spring loaded so I'm sorry for any confusion. I've decided to go ahead and manufacture our own. I feel it will be much easier, considering the time frame. Thanks for your input on this guys.

-Ian-

"Science will stagnate if it is made to serve practical goals." (Albert Einstein)

The problem is not the cracking pressure accuracy, the trick is to avoid large pressure drop on the resetting (reclosing) pressure after the cracking.

This is going in a device that uses 12g Co2 cartridges. The valve is simply for the case when someone doesn't remove it before shipping, or leaves it out in the sun. The design is very simple and easy to replace parts if necessary, so the pressure drop is not an issue.

-Ian-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back