Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for model of 19in rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timelord

Mechanical
Dec 18, 2002
US
We build a lot of specialized test equipment for the products we make. Most of the time this equipment is housed in a 19 inch relay rack. Typically we did not model the rack, but only the front panel we needed to build. Now the marketing guys want a pretty picture of the completed rack. Does anybody know where I could find a model of a 19 inch rack? It would save me some modeling.

Timelord

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for trying Shaggy,

I went and registered at Hoffmann and searched their site. All they seem to offer is DXF files of 19 inch racks. No 3D models.

Timelord

Timelord,

What you need is a copy of EIA 310D 19 inch rack mount specification. I believe I have some rails modeled to that spec. My last job was in rugged computer/avionics equipment and I used that spec. I can be reached at mtnbiker4life at hotmail dotcom.

Vince

Heckler,

Thanks, but I was looking for a completed model of a generic cabinet to save myself some modeling. I couldn't search 3D Content Central because their server was down yesterday. I have MIL-STD-189 which gives limiting dimensions of 19" racks so I was able to gin up a simple box with the right size opening and put the panels in there. Not an accurate model, but good enough for the marketing dept.

Timelord

I have most of the Schroff 19" done already, (SW2000 format) if you are still looking, send me a return adress on mkt123(a)37.com

Morten K. Thillemann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back