Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for old B16.5 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

treemkr

Mechanical
Oct 3, 2006
US
Does anyone out there have a copy of ANSI B16.5-1981? I need to know if there was a differentiation in the pressure/temperature ratings between SA182 F304H and SA182 F304L.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

treemkr,
This is the first step I use for any research regarding the ASME Code. I have access to the full version, however, you are able to download the free trial program which is pretty extensive. see attachment for link...

RA-search (Rapid Access Search) allows rapid access to information that usually takes hours when searching manually. RA-search currently includes the following information bases:
• Code Interpretations allows you to quickly find any Interpretation published by ASME for all ASME Codes and Standards as well as all published interpretations of the National Board Inspection Code.
• Code Revisions gives you quick access to descriptions of all ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code revisions since 1977, including Sections I, II, and VIII to 1952, and Section III to 1963 as well as descriptions of all revisions to B31.1 from 1955, B31.3 from 1959, B31.7 Draft through 1969, B16.5 from 1968 and B16.34 from 1973

FAQ731-376 A question properly stated is a question half solved.

http://www.reedyeng.com/3b.htm
Without having it in front of me, I will give you 99.9% certainty that there is a significant difference. L - low carbon 304 is quite a bit softer/weaker than even 304. 304H - High carbon is stronger still. These allowable stress numbers are in ASME Sect IID and Sect VIII, today and in 1981.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back