Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for older type capacitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmann44

Electrical
Aug 14, 2009
US
Hi guys, looking for some probably no longer made caps and thought I would chime in to see if anyone has or knows of a place to get them.

I am in need of (5) power supply caps for an older dual trace triggered sweep oscilliscope made in 1976. Valued at 0.5uf at 1500WVDC. They are approximately 2.4"long and about3/4" in diameter. They can be smaller or larger. I can modify to fit. There is no more information about them except that they were made by Marcon. (Oil Caps). Any info would be great! Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ICW have an axial polypropylene range which is rated for 660V AC, which would normally equate to about 1500V DC rating. Maybe worth a call to their tech sales people?

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

I went to the DigiKey web site, searched film capacitors of 1500 to 2000V, and quickly found an axial of 0.47 1600Vdc metallized polypropylene film in stock. It appears to be the right dimenions. Quickly repeated this exercise at the Mouser website, and the price was slightly lower.

Got my caps yesterday (.47uf @ 1600vdc.) Installed them and let the machine run for 10 hrs. Works great! Anyway, just to let you guys know that DigiKey wanted almost 10.00 bucks a piece. Went to Allied Electronics online and got them for $5.36. (Cornell Dubilier). Anyway thanks!

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back