Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for Shell Approved Valve Manufacturer for Ball, Gate, Globe, Check & DBB ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymjaffar

Mechanical
Dec 4, 2008
OM
Hi;

Looking for the shell approved valve manufacturer list for the ball, gate, globe, check & Dbb valves.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

May I suggest a simple search, this forum and internet in general, before you post a quation? (You are not the first to wonder....!)

› ... › Valve engineering Forum
2. okt. 2012 - Does anyone have a list of valve manufacturers who have the Shell TAT/TAMAP approval? I am looking for Ball Valves, Check Valves and ...
Looking for Shell Approved Valve Manufacturer for Ball, Gate ... 19. jan 2015
Valves 18. apr 2014
shell approval for actuators 26. des 2009
"approved" valve? 9. jul 2006
More results from Does anyone have a list of valve manufacturers who have ...
30. sep. 2012 - I am also looking for list of electrical manufacturers who have the Shell TAT/TAMAP approval? please assist. Taher A. Taher. Taher A.

In the context for valves.

TAT = type approval test.
Meaning that valves (coded by MESC)have pass the test. Stroke test up to hundred times in their minimum, ambient and maximum design temperature. At full DP.
Only Shell custodian owns this full list and some high management people from manufacturer side (concerning their valves only). No TAT list distributed freely for sure.

TAMAP (technically accepted manufacturer and approved products)
Meaning: manufacturer has pass two audits by Shell: 1. They are tchnically comply (manufacturing capability and safety wise); 2. They are in possession of some already approved TAT valves.
The list accessible by limited personnel within Shell and their official supplier. Sometimes manufacurer bragging that they are TAMAP (this is reasonable since some of their product have pass such test), however: 1. They dont have TAMAP list, 2. They can only supply certain MESC to Shell.

So, assuming: 1. You are contacted by end user (Shell) in attempt to bypass their supplier (due to some reasons), you should contact Shell or its supplier which vendors.
2. You are looking for a good (already tested) products, so you can sell this to other end user (and let Shell do all the qualification). Sorry to say, thats a lazy approach. And no information will be delivered (code of conduct).

Agree with gerhardl, do the homework. Think about good quality valves and ask whether they have the rights to supply valves (some MESC) to Shell. Most likely a known brand is already approved by Shell.

Regards,
MR

Greenfield and Brownfield have one thing in common; Valve(s) is deemed to "run to fail" earlier shall compared to other equipments

Thanks and noted, basically i tried with many of my fiends in the valve industry but its seems so secret that now one is having the list.
amazing....let me directly check with shell...

Shell like other refineries have an AML (Approved Manufactures List). Certain valve manufactures that have been tested & approved will be on this list. Could take up to a year for approval.
Not sure of the ball valves or globe valves, But Zwick is one of the triple offset valves on the Shell AML.

Shell protects it's AML pretty well, I would be surprised if you find it online anywhere. TY is the preferred Gate, Globe, and Check manufacture. Lockwood International is the the US TY rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back