Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for some hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric34

Electrical
Feb 17, 2007
CA
I am looking for a Interface panel. I need to punch in a password and the unit to give me an output.120 VAC would be nice but can be different.All the ones I could find are ether very pricy or are more complex than I require.Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your spec is awfully vague and subjective: what is 'very pricey' and 'more complex'? How much do you plan to spend and how much intelligence do you require?

How about a coded door entry system designed for a remotely actuated striker plate? One of those would definitely switch 12V DC (maybe 24V DC?) at a level adequate to drive a mains relay or contactor. Have a look at and scroll down to the [blue]K42 Single Door Codelock[/blue] for an example. I'm not recommending this particular one, it's just an example I turned up on Google.

----------------------------------
image.php
Sometimes I only open my mouth to swap feet...

Sorry ScottyUK I need to have a touch pad to punch a password to access some controls.Are plant is all on control logix 5000 but a old loading chute(Hyd tank and two divertors) are not on
a PLC.There is no need for one but they would like to have it password protected, I thought I would wire the pad to the MCR
so if the MCR isn't energised there wouldn't be any control power.

If you wire the little critter I referenced above wired with its relay in place of the 'start' button of a two button starter (e.g. a standard NVR motor starter) then it would work just fine. You'd probably need an interposing relay if the starter uses 120V or higher. The 'stop' button would behave as normal.

----------------------------------
image.php
Sometimes I only open my mouth to swap feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back