Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for Training on Risa Foundation for Residential Projects - JoshPlumSe, are you interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokiibear

Civil/Environmental
Sep 19, 2006
US
I'm looking for training with Risa Foundation for custom residential projects. I've got a few projects under my belt, but would love to pay someone that could give some ground up workflow and considerations for use, especially on using for additions and remodels on some complex projects.

Josh, are would you consider providing something like this?

If not, do you have a recommendation on where to get training.

From all the questions I've asked Risa directly, and the classes they offer, it seems they are geared more toward how do you enter the data, but they don't provide much in the way of understanding how to best use the program to model or represent what we're designing.

Thanks ahead for input.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't really use any RISA software anymore. Not for the last 5 years or so. Sometimes I'll pull open a demo to test something out... or to answer an Eng-Tips question. But, that's about it.

Matt Brown with Newport Structural Design is a good option if he's not too busy. I'll give his website, because I believe it's frowned upon to post e-mails on Eng-Tips:

Rachelle Child up in the Sacramento area would be a good option. I believe you can contact her through Linked In.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back