Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for water cut sensors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

duercki

Petroleum
Jul 22, 2006
DE
Hello,

i have nothing to do with petroleum production up to now, but yet i have the task to find full range water cut meters for a crude oil well. Best to install them on the well-head as an online measurement tool.

Please help me to get informations about this.
which manufacturer is good?
Which probes are good without recalibrating or cleaning too often?

Thanks for all.

Greetings from Germany

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have had several clients use Agar, Roxar, and Drexelbrook water cut meters.

As I am not in production, or work for a producer, I don't have first hand knowledge of their maintenance requirements. I am going by the fact that my clients still buys them.

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

AGAR and PHASE DYNAMICS are the two leaders in this field that require least re-calibration and maintenance. Look for radio frequency or microwave devices that are not affected by coatings.

We use both Roxar and Phase dynamics. Roxar is generally good for Higher water concentrations (0-100%) and Phase dynamics work better with lower water concentration (0-10%). Typically, Phase Dynamics require more maintenance than Roxar.

The Expro Group produce a downhole, full fraction water cut meter. (Although this technology may have gone to Quantx, part of the Baker Hughes Inteq group of companies)Advantageous when you need to determine water cut contributions in a multilateral well or where you have comingled well fluids in a subsea development.

I used to work for one of the mentioned companies. What is important to remember is that the meter will measure what is inside it. If it is scaled or waxed or if there is waterhold up in that section this will influence the readings and the readings will not be represenatative. This applies to all kinds of meters.
Search wikipedia for watercut and you will get more details and links to different vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back