Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking to buy a "New Laser" need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barneylaser

Industrial
Mar 21, 2011
US
We are in the process of looking to purchase a "New Laser" We have looked at all the "Big guns" Such as Bystronic, Mazack, Cincinnati, Trumpf, Strippit/LVD, Prima/Finn and Amada. I think we have narrowed it down to either
Strippit/LVD or Prima/Finn.
My main question is about Prima...Does anyone have any experience with A Prima SYNCRONO or just a Prima in general. How is their service? Availability of parts Ect... You all know if you ask the "Sales people" There service is always the best and they all have every part you would ever need on hand at all times. My other question is Prima uses a DC resonator and Strippit/LVD uses a RF resonator (does anyone see a problem with this?) or does this really matter?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go Mazak.

all you need is a champion. . . . these things are rock solid, and relatively cheap compared to the 4000w energy hogs.
1300w it can cut .5" mild steel. plus it is scalable so you can tandem more than 1 together and add a material handler for a really sweet affordable system.

This is one machine where I think you get more than what you pay for.

StrykerTECH Engineering Staff
Milwaukee, WI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back