Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low Cost Building Automation System Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdemachina

Mechanical
May 18, 2004
ID
I am sure that everyone has their favorite, but I would like some opinions or advice about simple, low cost building automation. I am in the process of specifying a few systems and my applications are typically single/multizone AHU's equipped with constant flow chiller plants, packaged DX cooling units of varying size. Anyhow, the main thing that I would like to do is basic scheduling, possibly demand ventilation control, un-occupied temp space temp reset, etc. I also need the capability to overide for after hours working.

I want to keep the system simple but extensible, if that makes sense just in case money falls from the sky and I can install a central EMCS monitoring center. I have hear much about Lonworks and Bacnet compatibility, so maybe some vendor suggestions that can provide low cost solutions. I don't need a Cadillac, just a reliable, simple product. Please go easy because I don't have much experience with Building Automation.

Thanks In Advance For Advice Suggestions

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wattmaster makes a cheap system. I think the line is called orion controls. I've used it one one job (with an aaon rooftop and VAV's). i havent gotten any complaints about it. I dont know what else that offer besides rooftop and vav control. Might be worth some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back