Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low cost network analyzer search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgler

Electrical
Dec 10, 2003
US
I'm looking for a source and info on low cost network analyzers to perform either VSWR or VSWR and Spectrum Analysis measurements such as;
1) VSWR 350 to 450 Mhz range only
2) Spectrum analysis up to about 3 Ghz.

I know the Anritsu cable/antenna testers 332B's can do this fairly cheaply and I'm pursuing used test equipment for one of these.

Can anyone suggest any alternatives, or give their opinion on the anritsu 331 and 332 products.
thanks,
kch

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

VSWR in the 350 to 450 MHz range - check for circuits or amateur radio equipment accessories - this is close enough to the UHF amateur band. Otherwise - get two directional couplers and two detectors off ebay or elsewhere.

Cheap spectrum analysis at 3 GHz - good luck finding anything very useful other than a very used HP analyzer of a discontunued model or a inexpensive Avcom.

If you have a 1.5 GHz HP analyzer, you could try buying a block converter from Avcom - just order one for their inexpensive analyzers with a -HP at the end of the model number. They will make one supplied with a wall transformer supply ready to hook to a HP analyzer. Don't know how flat the response will be or what spurs may be present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back