Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low power output - Trumpf resonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

10600nm

Automotive
Mar 3, 2010
CA
Trumpf, CO2, 12kW, just begins to output about a half of power only.
But even this half looks unstable, floating and slowly and steady degraded down to one third in the 15-20 min.

First I had checked power supply (there are 4 RF generators). All amplifier tubes are fine, all readings per generator are same like days before, each one pumping 100%, and reflected power is low. Nothing looks unusual, no warning messages.

Then I had checked mirrors - all 8 of them looks like new, then I changed (for cause) OC, mode is O.K.
No vacuum leak, no arcing, electrodes are O.K, quartz tubes also like new.
Both turbine blowers running O.K, RPM & frequency O.K, no warning messages.
Then I had dismount one by one gas coolers to observe them for water leak inside of resonator and find nothing suspicious.

Then I put gas (CO2, He and N2) bottles from another running machine – no effect.
Then I swap the gas mixer with one from running machine, but power output still the same: starts with only 7kW and drops down to 4kW in 15 min.

Gentleman, obviously I miss something, but what?

Any advise, guess or idea about are highly welcome!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, did you change the mixing block or the gas pump? You can hook up a set of gas flow gauges to see if it is slightly off. I have seen a tremendous drop in power from the flow being off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back