LPG ignition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrebrito88

Automotive
May 31, 2020
PT
Hello all,

I'm here to take some knowledge about the LPG and ignition timing.

My car got 2 ignition maps...one named RON91 and another named RON98, RON98 its more advanced than 91 (that is very safe), in normal conditions RON98 its used, and if a knock its detected will happen an ignition retard in the direction of the RON91, this process its called knock adaptations and i can check and see that its an RPM vs LOAD map and got the number of degrees of retard that its happenning in that especific RPM and LOAD so i can reduce the RON98 map in that zone.

My especific question is, can the knock sensors detect the knocks on LPG like in petrol? Or the lpg just dont knock? (Like the E85).
Is the knock the maximum torque power in lpg too?

Because i see another fuels like E85 that we can't use this method (next) because the knock doesn't happen or if it does its already too late for the engine, once the lpg got very high octane value too happen the same thing or we can trust the knock sensors/adaptations to tune the ignition on lpg?

Because normally on those cars if we are on petrol we advance the ignition and wait for the knocks to appear in the table and after that we reduce that amount in the ignition table and boom, optimized petrol ignition.

Thx for the answears in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The car actually runs cooler sir...
Because in my country the mixture its 95% propane that boils at -47C so all this cool it's going straight into the cooling system via converter...
All lambda its on 0.9 that is perfect for LPG even on boosted sir, checked via wideband...
In case of the lean mixture it actually reduce the knock in gaseous fuels sir, checked myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back