Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LRFD Manual of Steel Construction AISC #

Status
Not open for further replies.

static12

Structural
Feb 6, 2006
US
Steel Construction Manual, 13th Edition is AISC 325-05
Manual of Steel Construction - Allowable Stress Design (ASD), 9th Edition is AISC 316-89
What number has Manual of Steel Construction - Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD), 3rd Edition?
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not to long ago I was reading a code that permitted design to LRFD and AISC 335 but did not mention the ASD. An internet search found a spec called AISC 335-89s1 which I assume is the 1989 AISC Allowable Stress Design specification as of supplement 1. The sudden appearance (at least to me) of a new spec was a little bit of a surprise, in particular since I still use ASD. It would be nice if there was a cross reference that clearly identified the old and new.

Regards,
-Mike

I've got a standard from 1984 that references "AISC S326- Specification for the Design, Fabrication and Erection of Structural Steel for Buildings". So at some point, some of these things either had numbers, or people thought they did. Maybe that was someone's product code, too. But I notice on AISC's "out of print" list, they list product numbers, some in the S300 series, and show, for example, M015 for the 1st edition of LRFD Manual.

Nutte, you say "And to further confuse things, the specificaton has a number, while the manual has a different number." Is that 325-01 the specification number or the manual number?

AISC 325-01 is the 3rd Edition LRFD Manual of Steel Construction, like the orignal poster asked.

I'm not sure what the specification's number is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back