Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LS Dyna constraint application

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsh1962

Mechanical
Jun 28, 2012
US
I try to understand the LS Dyna example problem by studying started. I wonder how we apply the boundary conditions? The problem explains the block is sitting on the floor: lower z-face of the block. For me that means that this face is fixed but I cannot see such a constraint in the listing. How the software understand the BC? Postprocessing the results also shows that in transverse direction a lateral face is fixed while and the other face is deformed : x-face of the block. How the software apply this constraint on the model? Are these really constraints?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the example you have shown the bc's are applied in the node definitions itself, you see the column TC and rc they are translation and rotational constraints. You can also use *boundary_spc cards to apply single point constraints to nodes. You can find more info in the lsdyna manual under these keywords.

If you are using lsprepost you also get a good description for each field in the keywords and is very useful. There are also some tutorials at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back