Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<W@$H_PART_NAME>, etc not working in Nx8.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick66

Industrial
Nov 17, 2014
US
Hello,

I have some templates which I created in Nx7.5. I used some things like <X.4@C> and <W@$H_PART_NAME> etc. These still function fine when opened with Nx8.5, however when I try to create a new <W@$H_PART_NAME> and such in Nx8.5 it does not seem to be allowing it. I have read earlier posts about using the customer defaults "Plot Banner" which I sort of looked into, but at this point with templates already set up I would like to use the <****> options.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nick66:
For the sheet attributes make sure you have them formatted correctly, here some of them are taken from a post by JohnRBaker from this thread Custom drawing title blocks

<W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER> Sheet number of the current sheet

<W@$SH_NUMBER_OF_SHEETS> Number of sheets in the current part

<W@$SH_SHEET_SCALE_NUMERATOR> Numerator of the sheet scale

<W@$SH_SHEET_SCALE_DENOMINATOR> Denominator of the sheet scale

<W@$SH_SHEET_SIZE> Size of the current sheet

<W@$SH_SHEET_UNITS> Units of the current sheet

<W@$SH_SHEET_PROJECTION_ANGLE> Projection angle symbol of the current sheet

<W@$SH_MASTER_PART_NAME> Master Model drawing sheet part name

<W@$SH_PART_NAME> Sheet part name

jhag84:
See this thread and see if that helps on the file path
unigraphics file path

Daniel Sikes
Design Engineer
Young Touchstone
NX 8.0.3.4

Jhag84,

In response to your thread mentioned above, I have used <X.4@> . Between the @ and the > write what you have named your desired value from the column "Name" within expressions.

For example- In expressions under the name column I have OAL. On my print I wish to have the OAL value within the title block. In the area of the title block where I want the value to automatically be I write <X.4@OAL> . This has always worked for me except for now it is not working with Nx8.5

Dsikes,

I have seen this post before. I have used some of those before. All have worked except now with Nx8.5 any <****> commands don't seem to be working.

Jhag84,

You gave Dsikes a star for his reply, however It still does not answer the question for the title of this thread. I need to know why the <****> commands are not working with Nx8.5

I just tried all of them in NX 8.5.0.23 and they all seemed to work. What is the full version of your NX? (Help -> About NX) My guess is you may need to install the most recent maintenance pack and that could fix your issue.

Daniel Sikes
Design Engineer
Young Touchstone
NX 8.0.3.4

Is the problem specific to the title block, i.e. does the value of the expression show correctly in a note but just not in the title block?

Have you set up your title block with the new "title block" tool, or are you using a title block made up of dumb curves?

www.nxjournaling.com

I took a screen shot here, new .prt file, no template or anything. With my experience, after the > is added to the command, the invalid annotation alert disappears and the <W@$H_PART_NAME> then becomes your .prt file name and you then can place it where you want. For some reason this is not happening. Please open the attachment with microsoft paint as I am using dual monitors and you can scroll to the right in order to view the correct monitor.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8f4fe411-0c31-47c3-9384-8b651ea6ef4e&file=Screen_Shot.bmp
Since we are all some sort of engineers here is it ok to admit that I was wrong?, or is that still not allowed?

But seriously... My apologies for wasting all of our time, if it means anything I also wrote it wrong in the title of this thread... Geez... and any time I mentioned it within the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back