Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lubrication for Federal Pioneer SACE Breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

isnata

Electrical
Jun 3, 2013
CA
Hello everyone,

I am about to run a full maintenance on our SACE breakers and was wondering what the best lubricant is out there to be used for this purpose. I read online that synthetic grease are highly effective since they can withstand more variation in temperature and are durable.

The product manual recommends using MU-EP1 AGIP grease, but I would like to see if there is something better out there you guys might have been using in your breakers. These are Federal Pioneer SACE Breakers rated for 2000A and 12.47 KV.

Any tips or advice would be helpful. p.s. I have done some research about this, it's sometime hard to find products for old breakers.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Federal Pioneer SACE breakers? Is this a retrofill breaker for a Federal Pioneer (DST2 maybe?) that uses a SACE mech?

Those silly Itallians, these are retrofills for the FPE MOP line I believe but uses a different mech than the FPE version. I would think Becon EP-1 would be a good alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back