Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M+P vibration control systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckW100

Aerospace
Jun 22, 2007
CA
Are there any experts on the M+P vibration control system in this forum? My question is this: When running a random vibration are the responses to each accel integrated over the entire duration of the run? Or is that only for the control channels? I am confused about this as an issue arose the other day at work and I was asked that question but could not provide a good answer. Thx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Chuck, a friend of mine saw your post and knowing that I have had some experience with the m+p software sent me a link to this thread.

In order to try and help you out further I would like to know if you mean “averaged” instead of “integrated.” If you do, then the answer is that the control channels are averaged over the whole spectrum.

What are the other channel types that you are using?

The control channels are averaged, that is selectable in the run definition and that much I know. My question really was for the response channels. When the vibration run is being performed how are the responses from the measurement channels are handled by the software. Are they are integrated over the duration of the run, or is integration performed only during the defined number of measurement averages. I hope I am make sense.

The response channels only take a measurement during the time when a measurement is selected and for the duration of the number of averages set. It does not take the average over the entire test.

If you are taking measurements at specific intervals over a period of time (like 1min intervals for 8 hours), then the software averages the measurement over the interval time (in our example, 1min). Most software will then output an equivalent level that is also averaged throughout the entire recording time, in addition to the interval averages. It just depends how you set up your software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back