Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Machine code to cut 1/4in stainless on Hankwang Koba 3015 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimberly1000

Mechanical
Nov 18, 2005
US
Hi, I am looking for program for cutting 1/4in Stainless on a Hankwang Koba 3015. Even the guy who sold it to us is clueless as to what program number and code to use. Any help would be sincerely apprectiated!

Thanks,
Kimberly

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

To offer you some help, some information is necessary on the make and power of the laser. Also do you have the possibility to cut with high pressure nitrogen or not?

Regards,

VinayakLaser

We are using a Hankwang Koba 3015. It is a 2000 watt system. We are capable of running high pressure nitrogen.
The operator says he also uses a 2in tip. We need cutting conditions for 1/4in stainless. Operator says if all you have is conditions for a 3000 or 4000 system, he may be able to modify it for our use. Beyond this, I really don't know a whole lot about this machine. Any help you can give us would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you,
Kimberly

Kimberly,

A Hankwang uses a Panasonic Resonator which you could cut the 1/4" SS using Full Power: 2000 Watts, 2000 Hertz, 100% Duty. Use a gas pressure of 13 to 15 kg (200-250 psi) with a nozzle diameter of about 3 mm. Focus should be 1/2 to 2/3 into the material (-.100" to -.200"). As far as feedrate start slow with about 20"/min and work your way up to 30".

Hope this helps

msandoval

Thank you so much for your help. I will pass on your info to our operator. Again, thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back