Machinery Library Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars1978

Mechanical
Dec 30, 2015
NL
Hi All,

When importing a reusable machinery library part into an assembly I get the following errers (see attachements)
I've changed something in the customer properties but don't know how the setting where before my change.
Suggestions are welcome.

I'm running NX12.0.1 native on W10

Lars

Bolt_placement_saykei.png

Reuse_Custom_properties_w0yvrj.png

Lars
NX12.0.1.7 native
Solid Edge ST10
Inventor

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think you changed anything, my OOTB NX12 does the same exact thing.

Siemens GTAC have the following information on the issue:

The message:
"The Material Attribute was reset because it did not match the material assignment.
This action was taken based on your Customer Default setting."
should be considered seriously.

The message highlights that the Material attribute in the part file being opened have a value set which is NOT related to a material assignment to a solid body and sub-sequently there are necessarily no physical properties defined for the solid body.

The attribute defined in NX Customer Defaults Gateway --> Materials/Mass, Attributes tab, Part Material group, Attribute Title Alias field, is a NX system attribute which is reserved to be used by NX to store the material name defined when using Assign Material function.
In earlier versions there were no check or prevention to manually set this attribute. Now if a part file is opened with the "Material" attribute value set manually, the "Material" attribute WILL BE REMOVED.

If you, after consideration, found that legacy part files have manual value set to the Material attribute and it is impractical to remove or rename the Material attribute from all legacy part files. AND it is not practical to change the default part material attribute title alias there is in NX12 an option to suppress the message by setting:
UGII_SHOW_MISMATCHED_MATERIAL_ATTRIBUTES_IN_INFO_WINDOW=1
in for instance ugii_env.dat.
PLEASE NOTE: The "Material" attribute will still be removed, but now silently, only with a note in the NX syslog.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX11 with almost every MR (24versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back