Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Machining tips 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I include in the title block the note "Questions on this drawing ###-###-####" telephone number.

Reason is my company is consultants and some clients do not have any mechanical engineering personnel in house, so a call to them from a fabricator would get lost.

This business model is more common now, and the note to include contact information is a good one.

pierdesign Wouldn't it depend on the circumstances? For instance if your contract with your customer includes liason with machine shop great however...

If 5 years after you did a job for a customer, were paid and had no outstanding contract coverage, you got phone calls from a machine shop asking you questions about that drawing would you still be so sure it was a good idea.

This is my point.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

You could always put a large disclaimer on the drawing.

This phone number is valid till XXX day and for XX person(s) to call. No Lawyers, No solicitors, No loitering, No pets, No shirt, No shoes, No service. [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back