Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macro help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

johand

Mechanical
Apr 25, 2007
BE
Hello, i need a little bit of help.

All our parts we use have a custom property called “Family Code”. Based on that Family Code, we need a macro. The macro runs in the Assembly environnement. It does the following steps:
1. Collect all the parts in de assembly (and sub assemblies) that have a “Family Code” value that is “PIPR” or “PIPS” or “PIPT” or “PIPU”
2. Create a “Display Configuration” called “Pipes”, where only these parts are visible on the screen
3. Set the value “Reference” in the occurrence properties of these parts to yes
4. Save the Assembly

I don’t have much experience in VB, I am a designer, but I think this a piece of cake for an experienced user. Can anyone give me a start? I have Visual Studio 2010 Express installed, so I can take a look at the code and modify it where needed.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi johand,

I am not a programmer myself but did have a chat with one of our IngeneaSoft development team. This is exactly the sort of macro they write frequently for different customer needs. It would be pretty easy to write and shouldn't take any more than about half a day.

You have defined a pretty definative series of steps you run through which helps.

I think you would benefit from using the Solid Edge programmers guide too, if you can get your hands on it.

Good luck with your programm and let me know if you need any help.

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back