Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macros in SE 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeltxo

Industrial
Jan 25, 2005
NL
Hello and thanks in advance to everybody!
Hope you can help me with this problem:

1.I work with Solid Edge V15, and I need to convert 7000 files in SE format to *.dxf

2.The process I do is the next above:
a.Open the file as normal in Se format from a specific folder
b.Check in the databox the edicion of the current plan
c.Select the plan view
d.Save this view as "old name_number of version.dxf"
e.Close this file and open the next one from the folder

So, it would be very ok if i could have any macro that would let me do this:

1.open the file
2.press 0,1, or 2 depending in the version the plane is and saving it ,opening the next one in the folder.

Of course it would be nice to hear any other way to get it.

Thanks everyone.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Solid Edge has it's own batch conversion and printing program that converts to/from several formats. However it only does the active sheet of the draft file, so multi-sheet files will not have all sheets converted.
It will do the whole sheet, you cannot do just one view.
In Windows Explorer double-click the file :-
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge V15\Custom\Batch\Batch.exe
This will open a form where you can select what to convert.
Click the 'Convert to' option, select 'AutoCad(*.dxf)' in the list and then click the 'Draft Documents' option.
Now navigate the form to find the folder containing the files you want to convert.
You now have the option for which files to convert (under the 'Files to Convert' options group).
I would suggest doing 1 or 2 first to ensure the result is what you want. Click on one of the files in the list and the 'Selected Files Only' option will automatically be selected. You can add other files to process with
[CTRL]click or [SHIFT]click.
The program saves a Log File (Batch.log) in the same folder as the files selected. You can open this file in Notepad or Wordpad and it will list all the files processed and if they were successful.
If everything is OK you can go ahead and convert the others - but I would do them in batches of 50 or 100 and change the logfile name for each batch, just click in the box and change the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back