Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making multiple assemblies of different sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazengr

Mechanical
Mar 1, 2007
DE
Hello,
I found a useful post on this site to make multiple parts that are the same but they are just different sizes through making a table in excel, going thru tools--> programs in Pro/Engineer, reading the converted .prn file into Pro/engineer to generate similar parts of different sizes.

Is there a way to perform this automation process but to Assemblies as I have to take all of those parts and make assemblies out of them.

Thanks,
Taz Engr

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use family tables for both the parts & the assemblies. Put the variable dimensions in the part family tables then put the variable components in the assembly family tables.

Ok sounds good. I have been making a family of parts using the excel to pro/engineer method. This method yields a family of parts but they are all separate files.
My next question would be is there a way to do this same excel to pro/engineer automation technique but to create a family of parts as instances under one file?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back