Management of Change (MoC) versus Request for Concession (RfC) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapizm

Marine/Ocean
May 14, 2013
GB
All

Can someone offer some clarity please on the difference between MoC and RfC.

This is a constriction project with offshore operations, my understating is RfC would be used to make change requests to the Contract or Employers Requirements after contract award but before operations.

An MOC is to be used on agreed Code 1 (accepted) procedures or document where a deviation is required and need to be recorded as such?

RfC before the event, MoC during ops?

Any clarity welcomed thanks.

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why do you need such specialized document forms at all?

I miss the simplicity of commercial generic carbonless "Avoid Verbal Orders" forms, which could be used to document pretty much anything, at least in simpler times.

Mike Halloran
Corinth, NY, USA

Request for Concession
Asks for the other party's agreement to a change to contract terms, in price, schedule, specifications, a deviation to drawings, work procedure or results. It might include a request to accept work not performed to specification, a substitute of equipment for that specified, or something as simple as a change in the agreed color. Any kind of change to the present agreement, or contract. May occur at any time the contract is in force. Normally signed by all parties to the agreement and attached as an addendum to the original contract.

Management of Change
Describes the change in a manner as complete as possible, usually including the scope and schedule, quantifying the amount of work to be done in both manhours and monetary cost. Includes additional drawings, specifications and all other additional information as needed to complete the work.
Normally submitted to the client, prior to beginning the work, for approval and signature. Upon approval it is added to the scope of work, schedule and budget.

Thanks for your reply MikeHalloran, for contractual matters this form provide a mechanism for changes to be requested and agreed in an approved format.

1503-44, a very concise response, thanks, that is as i understood it! tks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back