Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managing Knowledge Fusion Data and Tools within TeamCenter Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakTak

Industrial
Apr 8, 2005
GB
Hi Again, hoping you can help me with the below....

Question – I have developed custom 3D design tools using the Knowledge Fusion application within NX3.

I would like to make these available to colleagues in different global locations but I am unsure as to whether to make them available within a TeamCenter Engineering environment or just via a directory on a central server.

Has anybody tried to do something similar and what are the pro’s and con’s of each approach?

Has anybody experienced any problems creating, storing and managing Knowledge Fusion Based Applications/Tools within a Team Center Engineering environment?

Thanks Andy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For a better way to distribute KF or manage any code for that matter would be a SCM such as SubVersion It's open source (free) and is great at managing versions of code and preserving history of what is changed/released/etc.

A possible solution would be to create a production folder structure that is the only folder accessible to sites, and the code/source is secured only to developers. When new versions are ready for production it can be tagged and also merged into the production folder. The sites would do a synchronize and get the new version. This can be done over the internet using SSH if you want to be more secure.

A little long winded but hopefully will be useful to someone as an idea.

-Dave
PLM Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back